Rail Cargo Hungaria has a unique role in the field of combined rail transport, given that it is a major player not only in Budapest-centred traffic, but also in the forwarding of goods through key transit corridors that cross the country. We have been successfully cooperating for years with companies specialising in combined transport that operate in the largest European corridors. Within Hungarian combined rail transport, with a market share exceeding 50 % Rail Cargo Hungaria has a market leading role in Hungary.
Block train systems
Given its unique nature and complexity, Rail Cargo Hungaria has a dedicated unit within its organisation to deal with the tasks of combined rail transportation. We offer numerous block train transportation services to our clients, in order to ensure the delivery of goods to their destination in the most efficient manner possible. More than 90 % of our unaccompanied combined transport services are pre-programmed to run in block trains.
Through our system train services, we offer cost-efficient and swift transportation for various conventional volumes of goods, adapted to client needs. System trains are special block trains running on specific corridors and routes, which allow to securely and economically pre-plan both delivery time and the costs thereof.
- block train connections between major European economic centres
- priority focus in the field of combined transportation on the swift, punctual and secure transportation of goods
- complex logistics and transport solutions, block train, SWL and wagon group freight transportation within and beyond Europe, all the way to Asia
- provision of own sector-specific equipment
- own combined transport terminal (Rail Cargo Terminal - BILK)
- nationwide coverage in Hungary
Péter Bálint Molnár
Head of Business Unit Intermodal
Telephone +36 1 512 7317
Mobile +36 30 956 7389